25. Mezinárodní festival dokumentárních filmů Ji.hlava
U.S. DOCS in the Spotlight
In 2021 we have launched a new initiative with the aim to encourage & support European and U.S. documentary co-productions. In the European context, there is currently no platform, which would effectively connect the U.S. documentary filmmakers with the potential co-producers, distributors, sales representatives and film festivals from Europe.
The selected U.S. documentary projects will be presented to European decision-makers at the 25th Ji.hlava IDFF (October 26–31, 2021). We invite U.S. filmmakers interested in the programme to submit their projects to the U.S. DOCS in the Spotlight until May 18.
Selected U.S. filmmakers will also be invited to tailor-made activities focusing on European funding and distribution system, join the festival’s Matchmaking Accelerator and other Ji.hlava industry events.
● documentary films in development, production or postproduction
● feature (70+ min) or mid-length (40-69 min)
● with international ambition and potential for international co-productions
● do not need to be shot in Europe but the impact of the film reaches beyond the U.S. territory